Occasional blogging, mostly of the long-form variety.

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Music for Independence Day, 2009

Happy Independence Day! We'll be doing music all weekend over at BH. Following up on chicher's post featuring the Declaration of Independence – plus James Brown – here's a round of tunes for the day.

In the past, I've gone with Marvin (I listen to this version all the time in the car):



And Jimi:



Wonkette passes along a few great videos, including the Muppets:



And Springsteen from '78:



Finally, let's close out this segment with one more look at Seeger and Springsteen doing "This Land is Your Land":



Happy Independence Day, everybody.

(Cross-posted at Blue Herald)

2 comments:

Cirze said...

Thanks, Batocchio!

Love it.

You rock.

S

laurie01 said...

That's a very cool thing to do on an independence day. I'm a music enthusiast and I really appreciate such activities. During Sundays, I am teaching students to learn how to play congos as part of my recreational activity.