Occasional blogging, mostly of the long-form variety.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Day of Shame, 2009


I've been reminded that today marks the Day of Shame, when Colin Powell spoke to the United Nations, and played a crucial role in selling going to war with Iraq - less so to the world than to the American media and public.

Here's my post in three parts from last year's blogswarm (this post is somewhat related). Over at the Day of Shame site, Vast Left has a good post for the occasion.

(Cross-posted at Blue Herald)

4 comments:

Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy said...

Thanks for being a standout contributor to the Day of Shame commemorations!

Unknown said...

off topic

email me specifics about your viewing of watchmen, pls.

Suzi Riot said...

I know he's expressed regret and seems to realize he made a mistake... but that does not wipe away the shame. I think he knew better and still went along with it.

Comrade Kevin said...

Now it's time to get out of there.