Occasional blogging, mostly of the long-form variety.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Andy Olmsted, R.I.P.

Andy Olmsted, who blogged as G'Kar at one of my favorite sites, Obsidian Wings, was killed yesterday while on active duty in Iraq.

Hilzoy's posted the piece Andy wrote to be published in the event of his death. It's very moving.

Several commenters have asked if there's any way to do something for his family, and I'll post an update if there is. If you comment in the Obsidian Wings thread, please read the comment guidelines within the post itself, to respect Andy's wishes not to politicize his death. I don't think it's political, though, to say it's a tragic loss, it was a jolt to hear, and my thoughts are with his family and friends. Condolences.

Update: A follow post is here.

(Cross-posted at The Blue Herald)

No comments: