Occasional blogging, mostly of the long-form variety.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's All the Hullabaloo?


Not that you'd notice anyway, given the infrequency of my blogging, but I'm elsewhere this week. Digby and DDay of Hullabaloo are both in Denver this week for the convention. In what clearly must be an act of madness brought on by the prospect of meeting Stephen Colbert, I've been asked to do some subbing, along with the sharp Dover Bitch (read the two poems on the upper right of her site for an explanation of her great nom de blog).

And no, I'm not feeling any pressure. None at all. Why ever do you ask? (Just because currently I'm looking more like the guy in the bottom pic than the top one... Come to think of it, why would you be reassured by the top pic? I mean, he's admirable and all, but would you really want to be stuck in a room with him in full rant mode? I bet he spits.)

I'll update this post with links to my posts over there, but Digby and DDay are still posting when they can, Dover Bitch is there, and Tristero's even stopped by, plus Dennis Hartley will be coming in on Saturday to talk film.

(Oh, and I plan to work on the next RWCW after this.)

"Everything Helps McCain" (Monday, 8/25/08)

"Thomas Frank (and those Pesky Footnotes) (Monday, 8/25/08)

"The Sporting Life" (Tuesday, 8/26/08)

"The Needy Rich and the Unwashed Masses" (Wednesday, 8/27/08)

"McCain POW Bingo" (Thursday, 8/28/08)

"Cokie's World" (Thursday, 8/28/08)



Jack Lipnick: We're only interested in one thing, Bart. Can you tell a story? Can you make us laugh? Can you make us cry? Can you make us want to break out in joyous song? Is that more than one thing? Okay!

No comments: